Saturday, August 16, 2008

Tyrokavteri with Cannellini Beans




I wanted to make hummas. And I pulled out the can of what I thought was garbanzo beans, opened it up, and thought "hmm, those are small garbanzo beans". So I looked closer and realized I grabbed a can of cannellini beans. Now that I had it opened, I had to use it. So I decided I'd make a hybrid tyrokavteri with beans. Tyrokavteri is a greek dip made with just roasted red peppers and feta.

Recipe:

1 can of cannellini beans (garbanzo would work too)
3 roasted red peppers from the jar
1 small block (1/2 in. thick 2X3 rectangular--really you don't have to be exact)
1 lemon
2 tblsp. olive oil
1 tsp. tahini
1/2 tsp. white pepper
salt to taste

1. squeeze the juice of the lemon out into a food processor, then mix in the remaining ingrediants. Mix it all up until it is smooth.

2. Serve with fresh basil leaves and pita bread.

No comments: