Sunday, August 17, 2008

Potato Salad with Herbs de Provence




I made all new things for lunch today. I made all of my recipes up, and unfortunately, I didn't write anything down. But I'm going to do my best to remember. Really, I highly recommend just buying some of the ingredients and modifying by tasting as you go. Don't be afraid to try new things. This is how you learn.

Here is what was on the lunch menu: Potato salad with herbs de Provence; French green beans with garlic, truffle oils, red onions, and murcia curado cheese; and barbecue soy chicken.

Potato Salad:

1 bag of red jacket potatoes from Whole Foods
1/4 red onion, finely diced
3/4 c. mayo (more or less, depending on your taste--taste it as you go)
5 eggs, hard-boiled and chopped
1 tsp. of each of the following, Thyme, oregano, rosemary, sage, bay leaf, basil, savory, marjoram, chives, tarragon, and anything else you want--(it really is up to you)
2 tblsp. white vinegar
salt and pepper to taste.

1. boil a deep pot of water plus a couple tsp. salt. Add red jacket potatoes. Cook for 15 minutes.

2. Drain potatoes and sliced into quarters. Mix with all of the other ingredients. Mix well.

Recipe Note: It is hard to mess up potato salad. Taste it as you go. This is what I do.

No comments: