Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Curried Butternut Squash Bisque



I love bisque of any kind. I also have a love for curried butternut squash. So you mix the two, and you have my soup. I made this with my father in law in mind.
1 butternut squash, cubed
1 onion, sliced
4 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2-1 c. heavy cream
1 c. vegetable stock
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp pepper
1 tblsp. curry powder
1 tsp chili powder
salt to taste

1. boil squash until soft.

2. meanwhile saute onions and garlic in olive oil until soft and translucent, then add spices and saute for about a minute.

3. heat vegetable stock, add onions mix and cream to stock. Put heat on low.

4. drain squash and add to the stock/cream/onions. Remove from heat and puree in a blender. Add more or less spices depending on your taste.

5. top it off with some croutons. You could even mix this dish with chicken and serve over rice.




No comments: