Sunday, August 10, 2008

Welcome

The purpose of this blog is to share my experiences as I home-school myself to become a gourmet chef. Every Sunday I try a new recipe or technique, and once a month I hold a dinner party featuring a five course meal for my friends and family. I have actually been doing this for some time, and I thought it would be nice to document my progress and creations.

Generally, I get inspiration for a meal from trips to restaurants, the internet, Epicurious.com, and the Food Network (I don't own a television, but I watch at the gym on the eliptical). I also like to try new things, so sometimes I just go to an ethnic market and find a item I've never heard of and whip it up.

During the week I am an economist for one of the "Big Four". I am twenty somthing, married, have no children (hence the time to do this), live in houston, and well, am a very into cooking :)

1 comment:

Romansmom said...

Shannon, I love your blog and we love your dinner parties. Keep up the good work. Janet and Wally